Bed Bug Problem?
Imagine Care has got you covered
Bedbugs are everywhere and the problem is reaching epidemic proportions. They are thriving in apartment complexes, dorms, hotels, hospitals, moving vans, churches, cruise ships, and many other places.
Not only are bed bugs disgusting and annoying; their bites can be dangerous for those with allergies. If you believe you have a bedbug infestation, you cannot afford to wait another minute before you book Imagine Care bed bug control services.
Given the number of panicked and anxious bed bug phone calls we receive from people worried about bed bugs, we are probably one of the few companies who can say “take a deep breath and don’t worry it’s rarely as bad as it seems”.
Over the years, we have successfully helped tens of thousands of people deal with bed bug issues and have developed an education and science focused approach that can really help.
What to do if you’re infested
- Book services from a professional bed bug control company, and check its credentials. Many pest-control companies have diversified into bed bug control without any expertise.
- Don’t try to kill the bed bugs yourself: last year an African woman blew up her home by lighting several insecticide “foggers” simultaneously: the propellant caused her gas supply to ignite.
- Don’t use an aerosol-based insecticide, either: you’ll kill some, but the fit ones will simply flee to another room.
- Don’t flee the infested room. The bedbugs want a blood meal: if you go, they’ll follow.
You’ve already struggled enough…
Book & Save 30%
- Single Room – Old rate
Ksh 5,000, New rate Ksh 3,500
- Bedsitter – Old rate
Ksh 5,000,New rate Ksh 3,500
- Servant Quarters – Old rate
Ksh 5,000, New rate Ksh 3,500
- Matatu/Lorry/Bus/Car – Old rate
Ksh 5,000, New rate Ksh 3,500
- Camps/Lodges/Tents/Hotel rooms –
Ksh 2,500, New rate Ksh 1,750
Book & Claim 20% Discount on
- 1 Bedroom – Old rate
Ksh 6,000,New rate Ksh 4,800
- 2 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 7,000,New rate Ksh 5,600
- 3 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 8,000,New rate Ksh 6,400
- 4 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 9,000,New rate Ksh 7,200
- 5 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 10,000,New rate Ksh 8,000
- 6 Bedrooms – Old rate
Ksh 11,000,New rate Ksh 8,800
- Business/Home Survey – Kes 1,000
Discount: Applies to Nairobi, Kiambu & Mombasa counties only!
How to pay: Mpesa Till no. 810164
- Look for unexplained rashes, although one in 10 people doesn’t respond to bites. If you react badly, use antihistamines.
- Check your bed frame, or the joints of furniture, for black dots/stains of between 0.5mm and 1mm – bed bug faeces. Contrary to myth, bedbugs do not live in your mattress, although they may be found in the seams.
- Check your sheets for bloodstains: you may have rolled over and crushed a bug after it has fed on you.
- If you have a severe infestation, you might notice a sweet, musty smell around your bed frame.
It has been proven beyond doubt that bed bugs are well adapted to travel through;
- Visiting friends carrying them unknowingly
- Spending a night in a hotel with an infestation
- Picking bedbugs in public transport unknowingly
- Students visiting for holidays from school
- Crawling on walls from neighbors (rarely)
- Second hand / vintage furniture
Proper bed bug control requires a watchful eye. These are the favorite spots to check.
- Bed frames and Headboard crevices
- Box springs
- Mattress seams
- Carpets and underlay
- Skirting boards
- Between timber floorboards
- In cracked or broken plaster, behind peeling wallpaper
- Inside electrical sockets and fittings
- Drawers and cupboards
- Bedside cabinets
There are several things you can do to avoid a bed bug infestation in your home:
- Carefully inspect anything that comes into your home for the first time such as second hand furniture, appliances or new clothing.
- Inspect your bed thoroughly each time you change the bedding.
- When you return from overnight trips, leave your suitcase in the garage or any other area away from the places you spend most of your time, then get them washed up.
- It is also a good idea to check your luggage before entering your home.
Bed bugs are usually around 5 mm in size and are reddish-brown in colour with flat, oval bodies.
No. Although they are usually found on mattresses and within bed frames, they can also be found behind loose wall paper, headboards and within other furnishings such as bedside tables, wardrobes, picture frames and electrical sockets! They feed on our blood at night, attracted to the heat, vibration and carbon dioxide, that we breathe as we are asleep.
Homes can become infested with bed bugs in a number of ways, but more often than not it is by luggage or clothing from recent travels. They can also be brought into a home through second hand furniture and in extreme infestation cases they can come from adjoining properties. When a tenant vacates or moves away from their infestation the next blood meal is only a 9″ brick wall away!
Bed bugs themselves do not transfer diseases but they can cause a great deal of discomfort and bacterial irritations to the skin following a bite. However bed bugs have been shown more recently to harbour viruses (such as Hepatitis B) which can be transferred back to humans through faecal deposits potentially entering the bloodstream in the process of scratching.
No. Bed bugs typically feed every 5 to 10 days, spending up to ten minutes to take their blood meal. So if you are experiencing bites every night, there is a very good chance that you are living with quite a few of them!
The use of “street” bed bug spray products will help to kill some bed bugs. However professional treatment with the right combination of pesticides is often needed to successfully treat an infestation as it can be hard to get rid of bed bugs completely on your own.
Very fast indeed! If conditions are favorable (suitable hosts and warm ambient temperature 30 degrees ), females can lay up to 12 eggs a day and up to 500 in a lifetime, which can be up to 18 months. Each egg will hatch within 8-11 days a minimum 4-5 days producing tiny bed bugs called nymphs. These nymphs go through five molts phases over a 5-8 week period, rapidly increasing in size during each phase, to reach adult bed bugs.
Adult bed bugs can go up to 6-8 months without feeding! No eggs will hatch if the temperature is above 37 degree or below 13 degree. Eggs that have not hatched within 3 months will die.
European code of practice recommend chemical insecticides, they quote “non-chemical solutions are not currently capable of providing rapid, reliable control.”
The simple answer is yes, if you put insecticide that has been designed to kill insects in a property it will kill the bugs; it also follows that if advice from a trained technician is followed then the treatment will be successful. Bed bugs globally have been showing resistance to chemical treatments but by applying the latest chemical combinations, you will be successful.
This is very dependent on the initial infestation encountered. If you have a lot of bugs and the infestation has been mismanaged then you may require further treatments. This is not to say the process is not working but a more integrated pest management system would have to be adopted.
Choose Imagine Care
Why people always choose us!
- Instant Results – Knock down of bed bugs is immediate
- Free Inspection – We offer free and detailed inspection to determine the root problem
- Experienced & Knowledgeable stewards – Rich in hands on experience having handled numerous household, hotel, restaurant, school and office bed bug breakouts successfully
- Swift Response – We’ll arrive within 2 hours
- Recommendations – Our technicians provide a service report with recommendations on how to avoid future re infestations
- Discreet Service – We arrive at your premises in unmarked vehicles for privacy
- Tailored solutions – Designed specifically for each problem and to prevent different bed bug life cycles
- Pest awareness training – We’ll provide training to homeowners and house-keeping staff to help them spot the early signs of a pest problem, thereby enabling quicker and more effective treatments
Happy customers do the talking for you
They were amazing, came to my house in a timely manner and fumigated my house for mosquitoes. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members.
Imagine Care definitely fixed our bed bug problem. We went from panic to relief and there have been no more bites. The 60 day warranty also gave us peace of mind.
They were amazing, came to my house in a timely manner and fumigated my house. Attentive and very patient. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members, thank you so much Imagine Care.
Imagine Care did a great job clearing up our apartment’s bed bug problem. They cam out immediately, were prompt with follow-up visits, and we haven’t had any further incidents since their treatment. Will definitely recommend them.
Attentive and very patient. Would definitely recommend them to all my friends and family members, thank you so much Imagine Care.
I would recommend this company for ant elimination.
I was very pleased with the prompt service and politeness of the technician.
No more mosquito buzzes! Will definitely recommend them.
Since she contracted Imagine Care in 2017, the cockroaches are completely gone.
“We were a little bit skeptical at first, but Imagine Care® Cockroach fumigation has exceeded all our expectations”
It was refreshing to have such a friendly technician, a good job was completed.
Imagine Care fixed our rat problem. We went from panic to relief and there have been no more noises in the attic.
Get in touch with us
For booking and general inquiries.
Imagine Care on Google Maps
Latest blog posts and news
From Our Blog
Getting rid of fleas can be a hard task especially because they survive through four stages which include egg, larva, pupa and adult. Extreme flea infestation can pose health problems to people and pets particularly because these parasites survive by sucking blood.
To completely get rid of houseflies, proper sanitation is key. Regular inspection for possible breeding spots such as trash cans, pet waste and rotten foods must be done. If the DIY methods fail, you can always contact a pest control expert. Imagine Care ensures to provide affordable and long-term solutions to pest infestations.