A fly infestation in your home or business is much more than a minor annoyance. Non-biting flies like house flies and fruit flies are known to spread a number of diseases, including salmonella and E. coli. Flies are a common cause of food contamination and food poisoning. When flies infest your property and land on surfaces, they can spread all the bacteria and pathogens they have on their bodies.
Flies infestations can quickly spread throughout a home. Hiring an experienced company that provides fly control services is a homeowner’s best bet to eliminate the presence of flies and prevent infestations from recurring.
The presence of flies is widely considered unsightly and could harm the reputation of a business. Fly control is especially important for businesses that handle food, including restaurants, food processing facilities, hotels, grocery stores, hospitals, schools, etc.
Get to know the pest
Some Fly Information
Types of Flies
The most common species of flies are:
- House flies – House flies are major carriers of disease and can infest all types of premises. They are attracted to all types of food, including human food, pet food, animal feed, food waste and even feces.
- Autumn flies – Autumn flies affect animals, such as cows, goats, sheeps, and horses. They are usually seen on the face and often around the eyes.
- Bluebottle flies (also known as Blow fly) can often be seen hovering around dustbins. These scavengers are attracted to pet faeces and dead animals and as such are known carriers of disease.
- Fruit flies are commonly found infesting fruit or hovering around fermenting residues found in places with fruits & vegetables such as fruit processing plants and fruit shops
Signs of a Fly infestation
Noticing a few noisy flies may not mean you have an infestation. However, it should act as a warning sign to take some preventative action.
- Small dark clusters of spots – in light areas (the size of a pinhead)
- Regular sighting of flies – around your home, food or bins
- Maggots – these are flies in their larval stage and could indicate a potential breeding site on your property
If you want to reduce the number of adult flies but you’re unable to affect a potential breeding site, consider hiring Imagine Care’s professional fly control services
- Keep garbage cans and dumpsters clean. Fly larvae are commonly found around dumpsters and garbage cans. Keep tight lids on the garbage cans. Flies are attracted to odors. Keep garbage cans as far away from doors as possible to keep them from moving into the structure.
- Repair window screens and doors. Openings to buildings should be tightly screened with mesh screens. Where doors must be kept open for customers, trucks, etc., outfit the doors with air curtains.
- Pick up pet waste in the yard. Flies love to breed and lay eggs on this material because of the moisture content.
- In home kitchens, restaurants and commercial kitchens, drain flies can become a problem. An excellent product to treat home drains and restaurant drains is to use a professional fly control service
- Dead rodents and birds can increase a fly problem. Remove the carcasses, because flies lay eggs on decomposing rodents and fowl. The eggs become maggots (larvae) and the maggots become adult flies.
Get rid of your fly problem with us
Our Fly Treatments
Worried About a Fly Infestation? Our professional fly control service includes identifying and removing any potential breeding environment.
Imagine Care’s Fly Control Solution for you
We offer a Free Survey of your home or business premises, to assess the level of infestation and identify the invading fly species. Our certified technicians can offer effective, targeted fly control tailored to your requirements. Treatments will include the removal of any potential breeding sites to guarantee a long-term solution to keep you, your home and your business safe from harm.
GOT A QUICK INQUIRY?